Author Topic: Roll up! Roll up! for a Great Weekend (29 -30th Sep.)  (Read 50672 times)

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Roll up! Roll up! for a Great Weekend (29 -30th Sep.)
« on: September 07, 2012, 04:31:54 AM »
Well, the long range forecast for the Glide - In is showing 13 degrees with broken cloud for Saturday and,….Oh no… Rain! for the Sunday.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/carlow/207508/september-weather/207508

But then, it’s a long way off so it could all change by then.
What we need is some eternal optimism, maybe if we all think positive it’ll be a sunny weekend with strong winds one day, and light breezes the next, so everyone will be happy. :D

So who is going to be there? Well, it seems that Ralph is bringing some electrical gear up for Richard’s new man cave, so I guess that means there will be some ‘R+R’ on the mountain. (Okay, I know the pun is a bit corny.) And if Ralph is coming up from Cork I dare say Les will be keeping him company on the journey, and maybe they’ll tie Kevin to the roof rack as well.
I’m hoping Andy (god bless him) will show as he’s bringing some bottles of wine, which I can’t buy here in the south, and JP will be there too.
‘Grand Master’ Fred will grace us with his presents (yes, I know the spelling is wrong ) and hopefully a few, (or all) of the lads from around the Dublin area will show up.
Mr. Buckley has threatened to put in an appearance with his latest Red and Yellow, (…..or is it Yellow and Red?) creation, and of course I shall be there to annoy everyone.

I’m wondering if Joe might see fit to pull himself away from his water sports, and I understand that we might have a couple of newcomers who are interested in perusing the “Civilized” way of aero modelling.

So, who else is intending to join our little gathering? Come on lads,….sound off! :arrow:

Keith.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:35 AM »
Hi Keith, yes tyhe Northern crew is all set for the weekend trip to Mt L  :clap:

I thought maybe Kees would have been here with us in Ireland to join up but just got an amail to say its the weekend before that he is back in Ireland. He is one great man and loves the slope but then he is a Dutch man and thay do not have any slopes to fly. What we have not got we always want.

I am not bringing Diane as Frenchy Fred has promised to teach her to fly and I object to learner woman on the slope during a mans day lol
I am building up some ironing to keep her busy over the said weekend lol
I hope she does not read this or my plan will be scuttled.
Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.

billscottni

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nimsa.co.uk ; www.billscott.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »
Sorry Keith I'm still not up to travelling that sort of distance.  :x

Did a couple of trips for work this week about 5o mile each way and it wiped me out!! :cry:

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 14:08:47 PM »
Yeah, Bill. I was talking to JP in Newcastle and he was telling me that you were still having a hard time of it. :(  Pitty coz it’s gonna be good fun. Hopefully next spring will see you once again on the slopes of Big L.

Quote from: "Richard Boyd"

I am not bringing Diane as Frenchy Fred has promised to teach her to fly and I object to learner woman on the slope during a mans day lol
I am building up some ironing to keep her busy over the said weekend lol
I hope she does not read this or my plan will be scuttled.

You’re a braver man than me for putting that in writing Richard! :shock:  Maybe Kees can also join us in the spring. :D

Incidentally guys, the National Ploughing Championship is in Co. Wexford this year, in the week leading up to the Glide-In. Why not come to the Sunny South East and take an extended break! :wink:

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 16:28:57 PM »
Moi!  :D

Come on Richard, bring Diane!! Promise, we'll only talk about washing machines and how to cook a good meal, nothing RC!  :mrgreen:

Oh, did I just sent the link to your post to Diane? Did I?  :P  :P  :lol:
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 17:43:42 PM »
I believe Rosin is coming down. I promised her some lessons so there will be at least one woman student on the slopes that weekend Richard.
Go on! Bring Diane as well, you wouldn’t want the world to think you were sexist would you?

K.

Ron

Fly-in
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 16:59:25 PM »
I'm hoping to be there, but...

Waiting to hear from the hospital about being incarcerated at their pleasure, and that could be any time.
Won't know from day to day, but going to earhole my GP tomorrow to see if she can pull a few strings.

The weather is bound to be good, well, better than wet and windy West Cork anyway.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 06:43:49 AM »
Waiting to be incarcerated? :shock:  My wife used to threatened to do that to me, with a pair of rusty scissors, :(  if she ever caught me in bed with another woman. (But since I turned sixty, I need 48 hours notice to get steam up :roll:  so she doesn’t seem so worried.)

So hopefully Ron we’ll see your happy, smiling face beaming at us on the slopes of Big L.! :D  I don’t think I’ve ever actually met you, so I’ll be looking forward to it. 8)
 How did you get on with your quad-copter by the way? :?:  Last I heard you were using it to spy on some little beauty sunbathing in her rear garden! :P

Keith

Keith

• View Profile
Glide in
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 09:20:09 AM »
Hi Keith
I'm definately going up .looking forward to it and I'm bringing a few spectators

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 09:51:43 AM »
Well Hi Keith and welcome to the forum, :clap:  good to have you aboard! :D

Vis the glide-in, a word of warning,……….It’ll be a bit on the chilly side up there at the end of the month so warm clothing is the order of the day. (No stiletto heals & fish net tights)(For the girls I mean, not you,……Unless that’s your preference :shock: )

But to return to matters ‘aeronautical’ ……..have you got any gear yet? :!:  Model? Transmitter? Anything? If not then bring some money with you to the glide-in, I’m sure someone will have some gear suitable for a student to exchange for dosh. Who knows, you could be flying your own model before the end of the glide-in! :D

Keith.
 (Er,...this is going to become confusing  :?:  ....You can be Big Keith, and I'll be Little Keith)

Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 12:10:17 PM »
Hi "little Keith"
Don't  worry I'll keep the fishnets hid under warm clothes :-)
I haven't got a thing aeronautical yet still waiting ..

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 19:59:14 PM »
Hi Keith

Roisin and I will be down with a car load of models :P

Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 23:55:47 PM »
Great .. Looking forward to it .. ( is that message to big Keith or little Keith) :-)

Ron

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 13:08:56 PM »
Hi Keith and All.

(Is that Big or Little?)

The quad has gone through many incarnations, rather like the broom handles and heads.
Now it's got a DJI Naza flight controller and is the best it's ever been.
Not perfect, but then nothing ever is.

Here's a link to a bit of video...

https://vimeo.com/49225662

As you can see, no luck on the sunbathing  :P

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 16:05:35 PM »
So why haven’t you been keeping us all up to date with these incarnations? :evil:
She flys very steady now, impressive landscape, and a very wide angle lens. All cleaver stuff !. :clap:

What would be really cool would be to get some aerial shots from the copter of a glider in flight. 8)  Do you recon you could handle two sets of controls at once Ron?

Little Keith
(Aka Happy Days)