Author Topic: 8 - 9th March 2014 (PSS)  (Read 30931 times)

Keith

• View Profile
8 - 9th March 2014 (PSS)
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2014, 21:15:41 PM »
Yeah it was a better day today ..  The weather was perfect if we had just waited another week ???

jumbo

• View Profile
8 - 9th March 2014 (PSS)
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2014, 10:18:05 AM »
Had a great day flying up the slopes, thanks little Keith for helping set up the wing and teaching me how to launch it. I don't think I have ever done that much flying in one day before. It helps not having to charge batteries and I am now patiently putting all the extra lipos I brought back on a storage charge.

Can't wait to get down to fly at Mt. Leinster again and next time not to forget my suncream :@

I have a video of little Keith flying his model (and rather well too) which will get uploaded to youtube.

stephen.shannon

• View Profile
8 - 9th March 2014 (PSS)
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2014, 13:38:38 PM »
What a day it looks like, my goodness, we called it wrong last weekend.... anyway very interested in that new wing mate.... would you have a build diary?
Our deepest fear is not that we are weak but that we are powerful beyond measure..... Marianne Williamson

jumbo

• View Profile
8 - 9th March 2014 (PSS)
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2014, 14:05:04 PM »
Quote from: "stephen.shannon"
What a day it looks like, my goodness, we called it wrong last weekend.... anyway very interested in that new wing mate.... would you have a build diary?

I don't but they are incredibly quick to build so I may put another one together with a few tweaks I want to make and will record the build.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
8 - 9th March 2014 (PSS)
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2014, 15:58:46 PM »
Quote from: "jumbo"
I am now patiently putting all the extra lipos I brought back on a storage charge.

Ah, so you were using Li-Po’s to power your model, Justin. That’s why you said you were using a BEC! :shock:
In my infinite stupidity I associate Li-Po’s with powered flight so I had assumed you were using 4 or 5 cell ‘metal hydride battery in your glider. (I’m such a numpty sometimes. :roll:  Okay, all the time! :oops: )

If I might just interject in my usual pedantic manor. Strictly speaking, a BEC is part of an ESC. What I believe you were using in your glider wing is actually called a U-BEC (Used to known as a Utility battery elimination circuit, these days it tends to be known by the Americanism of ‘Universal battery elimination circuit‘.) In simple terms it’s a voltage reducer. Used to eliminate  the risk of damaging the rx & servos from the relatively high voltage produce by a Li-Po battery.

As for flying on Big L again…….We’re always pleased to fly with sensible pilots Justin. If you’re looking for some company when you’re intending to fly at any location, just post a thread on this forum. Someone will probably reply. Actually I think Alan Perse lives up your way. And if you’re coming down to Wexford…. either myself, or B Keith or Patrick will probably join you. :D

L. Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.