Author Topic: er9x  (Read 5498 times)

johnfireball

• View Profile
er9x
« on: August 04, 2015, 01:53:25 AM »
Hi all,
       I have flashed my turnigy 9x with the er9x firmware and all I can say is WOW! what a superb transformation. Anything is possible. Mind you it took a while to get familiar with the system. Programmes for models can be perfected on screen tested on a simulator and then downloaded into the transmitter. It supports telemetry, voice, everything I can think of. It's worthwhile spending the time to learn. It transforms a 100euro transmitter into a state of the art machine. Credit to the designer and even better letting us have it for free.
John.
I have the body of an 18 year old.........I keep it in the freezer

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
er9x
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:27:38 AM »
Great news John. Big Keith has the 9X. We found that it wasn't possible to operate  what might be called “progressive” crow braking via the throttle stick. He could operate the crow by using one of the switches which would deploy the control surfaces to pre determined amounts but couldn't alter the surfaces by variable amounts while landing the model.

Do you know if the throttle stick can now be used to apply the crow braking with the new firmware?

Little Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

johnfireball

• View Profile
er9x
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 13:25:29 PM »
Hi Keith,
         Yes keith it can do all. Every switch and stick can be assigned to any function and speed of operation of servos can be altered so that on flicking a switch, retracts or flaps can be deployed slowly. Crow braking on the stick is easy to setup and is covered in the online manual. It takes time to get used to the system as its a different approach to normal type programming.
John.

johnfireball

• View Profile
er9x
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 13:50:39 PM »
You can download and try out the system even without having a transmitter by downloading the eepe programme here. It has a sim which shows all channel outputs.

https://code.google.com/p/eepe