Author Topic: Mount Leinster Sept 08 - ISR Glide-In  (Read 37801 times)

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Mount Leinster Sept 08 - ISR Glide-In
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2008, 16:05:41 PM »
Well ,.......if Joe is in agreement I'll stream his Ash video to you Fred, as I did the last one.

Yes your 4 point rolls were very good Fred. I've tried doing them with my powered plane but I find I have to start very high, otherwise the plane gets too near the ground very quickly!!! :oops:

K.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2008, 17:33:49 PM »
Hi Keith, sorry, just home !
Skype is on, any time  :D

For the roll, you need to use your rudder when the machine is on its side. Basically the rudder act as an elevator during this short moment of time  :)
Good exercise !  :D
Rudder on a plane is not an option ! Use it as much as possible ! Even more important in a glider !
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

David Kelly

• View Profile
ISR Flyin
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2008, 08:38:52 AM »
Ahh Lads,
I thought the flyin was this weekend coming 13-14th. Fred thats your fault, I'm blaming you :x

Looks like you had a great weekend flying and I'm sorry I missed it. Will have to keep a closer eye on the forum :!: . Enjoyed the video and the photos.

David

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 23:29:38 PM »
:oops:  God David, did I gave you a wrong date for the meeting ??  :?:
I was a bit surprised not to see you !  :(
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Aidan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2008, 16:40:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

I haven't checked in here for a while.
I really enjoyed Mt. Leinster on the Sunday. Pity there wasn't a little more wind but great fun all the same.

Super pictures Anthony and Fred!

Aidan

Aidan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 16:59:57 PM »
Quote from: "cvanscho"
...Just one small fly in the oitment from my point of view:  I found that power models doing 3D stuff in front of the flying line very distracting and annoying.  I know it's a free world - anyone has the right to do that if that is their inclination.  It is just my personal view that when a bunch of glider guiders organise to get together and enjoy their (mostly) silent machines, that power-only toys should stay in the car....  If one wants to fly and enjoy such models, one needs only go to your local flying patch (or even fly off your own front lawn) - you don't need to drive half-way across the country to a remote mountain-side to do so...

Chris,

Obviously you're referring to me.
I didn't realise I was upsetting anyone.
I only flew that plane after the wind had died to almost nothing and glider flying had almost stopped. If I remember correctly I even asked a couple of those at the flight line if they minded before I flew. Had I known anyone objected I would have thought again. I came to fly gliders but having seen the forecast for very light wind I brought an electric too.

You seem to be making an awfully big deal about this considering we're talking about a very quiet 4oz plane that was airbourne for no more than 10 minutes during a period of almost dead calm.
In future feel free to let me know if I'm breaking a point of etiquette and I'll refrain from doing it.

Aidan