Author Topic: Cheapest/best/fastest way to Irleland with my van  (Read 20406 times)

Eiretime

• View Profile
Cheapest/best/fastest way to Irleland with my van
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 16:43:23 PM »
Will try and get some photos up soon lads. Have a good weekend

ed

DownwashSoarer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 13:58:27 PM »
just learned that I will have another meeting in Dublin in September again. So I better buy that box... :)

~0°C, 5-6 bft, 25cm of snow - would you go soaring tomorrow with conditions like these? :?:

Have a nice weekend! :)
I flew in Ireland!!

bearpjk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 07:17:17 AM »
Hi Ed
Just seen your post about sloping in Cape Town SA, my old stomping ground.
Hope you were able to fly at: Redhill, Signal Hill,Dias point, Boyes drive Kanonkop,Chapmans peak etc etc, all fantastic places to fly.
Peter K

Eiretime

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 11:41:45 AM »
Hi Peter,
 managed to fly a good few of these spots. I flew at Signal Hill lots which was incredible. lots of westerlys blowing while i was in Cape Town which was handy, only 5 mins from where i was staying! For anyone who hasn't been there this is basically a big hill in the middle of the City with panoramic views of it and Table Mountain. So i used the slope alot!  Though all amazing spots I was slightly hesitant about chucking a mouldy off a hill for the first time where you have to land into a pacific bush or hand catch! No duvet Heather to land on down there.Wow we are lucky with our landing zones, and i think they were pretty envious of us to! Certainly brushed up my landing approaches! Missing the weather but not those bushes!

ed