Author Topic: Cabin fever anyone ?  (Read 37710 times)

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
Cabin fever anyone ?
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2010, 20:08:49 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  Thanks John !
That one is a good 10 minutes work ! And used the same layout to make the indoor video !  :oops:
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
Cabin fever anyone ?
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 20:04:18 PM »
Finally got out flying today (Also see the DS section). My first time on Mt Leinster in 2010. Feels like forever since I've been there. Keith was aiming to meet me but had to work unfortunately. Keith work you say! Yes I'm confused too!  :wink:
Was like the old days. Decent northerly wind and a big slope all to myself. Not even any hill walkers. Actually wore some decent warm clothes for a change too. So a comfy 2 and a half hours on my favourite Mt Leinster slope were had.
After an hour with the Luna I set up my ASH which was ready to fly again after it's last crash at the september meeting. This model has given me a hard time so far. Two crashes and lots of time and energy has gone into it. Some machines are just like that I guess. 40 minutes on it today. I think we are friends again. Hopefully this is the shape of things to come    :?

An old friend back in the air today too. My Skua has been grounded for a good while now. A new battery and a new servo and it's ready to rock again. Not as solid as it used to be. I think the spar is broken in there. Will strip fix and recover it over the summer. Spent ages buzzing round and almost hitting myself and generally acting the mick with her. I must say, I love this wing. It's the best bang for buck glider I have. Closely followed by the Luna. It's the cheapest glider I flew today by far and I have to say the one I probably had the most fun with. Food for thought   :?:

Back to fixing and charging for the weekend now  :D

Not much of a photo but all posts are better with photos!!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Cabin fever anyone ?
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2010, 21:32:20 PM »
Glad you enjoyed yourself Joe, sorry I couldn’t join you. Sometimes life get’s in the way of flying. (I hate it when that happens :!: )

ER,…….so what’s the white wing in the picture? I haven’s seen that one before,….have I? :?

Hope you’re gonna bring ‘em along at the weekend. We could have a “punch up”. I haven’t flown combat for…………….hmmmmmm :?: ……. can’t remember!

BTW when are you going to build that racing Skua? (S-15) I made the ballast weights for it over a year ago.

Thanks for sharing your day with us, I'm sure you must feel better now :lol:

Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

joe

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.islandsloperebels.com
Cabin fever anyone ?
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 22:22:07 PM »
The wing in front is the one I knocked together myself out of blue foam. Yes you've seen it fly.

Will of course bring at the weekend. Put some yellow strips on it to give you something to aim at! :D

S-15 one of these days. I might leave it in the box and get a NCFM Moth 60" instead and leave that in the box as well!! :roll: