Author Topic: 16th + 17th March event  (Read 35223 times)

JohnPearson

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 21:04:39 PM »
Hi all, just got back tonight from a great weekend, thanks to Fred, Keith and the local lads for another fantastic flyin. I was very happy that all the hard work done by Fred and myself, producing the two new PSS models for Islandmodels, rewarded us with two great flights off the slope and also well done to Ralph for another successful test flight of kevin's MB-339. Fred also test flew his new small wing type model which also gave a sparkling performance on Sunday. Great weekend, good company, great craic and of course a chance meeting with Fred's older brother who flew over from France on Saturday night to join us at Moss house Richard Marie :lol:

Here are a few pics from the weekend:

See you all next month hopefully!

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »
Okay,
Now I know I’m old & feeble minded. :(

I know I’m slow and lacking agility.  :?

I even know my hearing is not as good as it once was, and I need spectacles to read. :oops:  But I’ve looked at this picture time & time again :!:  and I’m sure there’s something missing off that plane from JP's last post! :?:

Well done for landing it, whoever it was! :clap: Thanks for posting the picies' JP. See y'all in April, yes? :D  :D

K.
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Fred

• Slope Soaring is not a crime!
  • Administrator
  • Gliderist Simplex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gliderireland.net
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2013, 09:05:49 AM »
Yeah, the Quark don't need 2!
Fair play for continuing flying that thing!  :clap:  :clap:
Education is important, but flying RC planes and gliders is importanter!

Freedom Flyer

• View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 14:08:33 PM »
John,

Thanks for posting all of those wonderful picutres, Looks like that was a great time was had.  Wish we had that kind of commitment from a group of guys here!
With the population of our state and the sailplane fliers per capita, we'd be lucky to get half that many guys to show up. Well done guys :clap:  :clap: FF
Still learning after all these years

stephen.shannon

• View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2013, 22:49:40 PM »
Hi all, what a great weekend, ;-)

Little keith, thanks a bunch for the help on the weekend. You gave so generously of your time, gear, rescue training and advice and to have had my first flights on such a crackin weekend was great... Dream come true....

Thanks

Keith (Big) thanks for the beers and the B&B matey really appreciate it ;-)

I've got my rc dex410 four wheel drive up for sale now.... I'm well hooked ;-)
Our deepest fear is not that we are weak but that we are powerful beyond measure..... Marianne Williamson

bren.p

• View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2013, 14:15:05 PM »
Well Stephen you were in good company with the two Keiths, just watch the little one though...lol.

Seriously though little Keith is a mind of information and is very keen to teach others I found him a fab teacher and a great friend.

Not to mention big Keith he is a gentleman.

Glad to hear you had a great time and welcome to the wonderful world of r/c flight Iam new to it myself so hopefully catch you on the slopes sometime.

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2013, 08:22:50 AM »
I’m very falttered. Thank you for your comments gentlemen. But there is a down side to them……

Someone bought me a light coloured kaki peeked cap a few of years ago.... It had the silhouette of a “T” tailed glider on the front..... I used to wear it a lot...... I’ve had to throw it away now. My head has grown too bloody big! :oops:

K.

andrew wallace

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bmfc.btinternet.co.uk
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2013, 10:52:12 AM »
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Well done Keith you've got an OBE
One big 'ead  :clap:
i\'m an ordinary man nothing special nothing grand

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Very good Andy  :clap:

Freedom Flyer

• View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2013, 12:26:29 PM »
Any way one of you guys could sort out who's who in the pics so I could put a faces to names? FF

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2013, 14:01:11 PM »
Okay Tracy, let’s take this group photo as a reference.
The guys standing are, from left to right :-

Richard Boyd,.. (aka Richard Boyd )
Kevin Barry ( aka ‘Kevin’ )…
Ralf (aka ‘rogallo‘ )
The tall guy in blue coat is Big Keith (aka ‘keith’ ) …
next is Stephen (aka stephen.shannon )…
then the tallest guy of the lot is Chris ( aka EI1683 )
beside him is Les, wearing a silly peek hat with false long orange and green hair, (I should point out that it was St. Patrick’s Day weekend) and just behind Les is
Fred (aka ‘Fred’ ) and next is a new comer on the day called
Joe.
Finally of all those standing is another new comer on the day who’s name I can’t remember.

Turning to those squatting in front, on the left is
 John Pearson, (aka JohnPearson also refered to as JP )
Then, with his arms outstretched is me, (aka ‘Happy Days‘ ) and finally, sitting on an old car tyre (sorry that should read automobile tire) and draped in the national flag is
Diane. Diane forms the other half, or perhaps I should say the ‘better’ half, of Richard.

And the one person you can’t see in the picture is Roisin who is John Pearsons better half. You’ll see Roisin in other pictures of the event wearing a white jacket and hood.

So, now you’ve met the ‘Family’ so to speak.

Keith (sometimes known as little keith)

Freedom Flyer

• View Profile
16th + 17th March event
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2013, 17:10:49 PM »
Keith,

Thanks so much for the clarification of those pictured. As I look back through the pictures it's nice to be able to put the names to the faces. Incidently, Car "tyre" or "tire" is fine, I certainly don't call my vehicle an automobile, I aint that proper  :).

I have a question concerning the little ASW that Richard was flying, our local hobby shop is selling those things and I've been curious as to what wind conditions they will handle.

Is that Orange and Yellow plane a Gentle Lady sitting in that bush? They are just a good ole' stand by.

You guys look like a great bunch of people, and that a great time was had.  We could only be so lucky to have a group like yours to fly socialize with. And hats off to the sweet ladies taking care of you gentlemen while you're out flying, that's pretty cool to see some wives involved with the group. Keep the pics coming, I'm going to make sure to share these with my brothers. Tracy (FF)