Author Topic: touch of bad luck  (Read 4930 times)

andrew wallace

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bmfc.btinternet.co.uk
touch of bad luck
« on: July 08, 2014, 20:51:20 PM »

wind was blowing NW and 14mph so i thought i'd take the Flair K8 out for a flight tonight on Downhill beach but struggled to launch the big model on my own normally it's not a problem but tonight it wasn't happening  :( was nearly away on the 2nd launch but on the third i clipped the sand dunne and it spun the model round breaking the wing  :(
the models about 15 years old and i've only 4 hours flying time clocked on it, it will fix and i've added it to my bucket list ( things to do before i kick the bucket ) i'm going to strip the whole thing down and recover it  :D
i\'m an ordinary man nothing special nothing grand

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
touch of bad luck
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 22:17:00 PM »
Don’t you just hate it when that happens! :cry:  Looks like a bit of a messy break. :(  Hope you get it up and flying again soon. :)

At least you’ve been out flying Andy. :clap:  Apart from a clutch of activity over in the Shannon club, and the  “Wexford Bunch” on Big L, no one else seems to be doing any.

Little Keith
Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

gerryb

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
touch of bad luck
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 20:21:10 PM »
sympathies andrew, similar story myself, tried to fly my electric conversion of mix fiesta in too strong wind. model whipped hard left and ploughed into hillside, nothing i could do about it. it's fixable, but will take some time.

i'm wondering if that's a scarf joint on the main spar?

gerryb

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
touch of bad luck
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 20:23:23 PM »
that should be mpx fiesta.

andrew wallace

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bmfc.btinternet.co.uk
touch of bad luck
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 08:20:45 AM »
yea Gerry it's on the scarf joint  :( that was the first thing i noticed when i looked at the damage
i'm one for setting things away and every now and again i'll bring it out and have a look  :?: and then some day when i've got it into my head i'll fix it  :clap:
i\'m an ordinary man nothing special nothing grand