Author Topic: Prob building Phase 6 fuselarge.  (Read 44661 times)

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
Prob building Phase 6 fuselarge.
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2009, 06:29:32 AM »
And here is the Phase, after all the trials and tribulations, finally doing what she does best.
(Photo by Maciej)

Try not to run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas....... all at the same time.

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2009, 18:27:09 PM »
Hi Keith,
It looks better there than in the bin ?? :D .

Brian
Serious Power

IceWind

• View Profile
    • http://icewind.no.sapo.pt
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »
Hi Keith,

What were you using for the elevator control after this last change?
I seen that for the rudder was a pull-pull cable system, but i couldn't understand what it was for the elevator.

Also what size are those snake rods? They look big as a garden hose...
That thing must be solid.

Nando
..Nando

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 22:42:59 PM »
Hi Nando,

Haven't heard from you for a while, I thought may be you'd fallen off the edge of the planet! :lol:

Well, the snakes are 5mm dia.

The old evelator control system was made up of a long piece of 5x10mm section balsa wood control rod which went from the servo, in the nose, to the tail of the fuse.

The rest is a bit difficult to explain.........

Fitted into the tail of the fuse was a large "L" shaped lever which pivoted at the corner of the "L" (The part where the vertical bit of the "L" joins the horizontal bit of the "L".)

Imagine the wooden control rod being attached to the top of the "L" lever. As the control rod moved the top of the "L"forwards and backwards,......the bottom part of the "L" moved up and down. The elevator was fixed to that bottom part of the "L".

In my view it was a clumsy way of working the elevator. I've had no problems at all with the snakes. I think they look big because of the angle of the camera when I took the picture.

The plane is a very solid old bird (bit like the wife :wink: ) if only because of the re-enforcing I've put into it. She's had many crashes,...(the plane, not the wife) and she still flys. (Definitely the plane not the wife! :lol: )

So that's the story,..........when are we gonna see your happy smiling face on the slope again?

K.

IceWind

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 00:10:31 AM »
Nop here i am!
Still on the earth... i think!

You always make me chuckle with your descriptions. :-)

I'm been off from RC from some months, but I'm back. :)
Weather is warmer so no risk of freezing myself  on some slope.

Most important i took the dust out of the tools and started finishing all the planes i have here. Started with the poor Phase 4, poor because it belongs to the skies not to some dusty shelf.
So i finished covering the wing, and fit the rest of the parts needed. That's when i saw your post and remembered the type of control the Phase 4 has and i wondered about the type you had in your Phase 6.

About the snake rod i know it's the camera angle, but i wasn't getting the approximate size you're using.

About the L shaped control if i got it right, it should be good.
If not mistaken Fred's wasabi uses the same method.
Maybe the problem was the servo.

Thanks for the explanation.
I hope to see you soon at a slope! :)

Nando
..Nando

Happy Days

• ISR Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 07:02:38 AM »
WHAT! :shock: :shock:  .........National Alert!! Call out the Garda,.......and the Air Force!...................Nando has been actually repairing a plane!!! :clap:  :clap:

About time too. There is a fly-in coming up at Mt. Leinster in May. I expect to see your Phase 4 airborne there. (You can stick your flight cam on it.....That'd be cool. :D )

So keep up the good work Nando, and I hope to see you flying something other than a powered wing :wink:

K.

IceWind

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 15:34:25 PM »
I have the T1000, it is ok but i need to check the balance and give it some color.

Maybe draw some teeth to bit the arses of those nasty skua's!  8)
..Nando